Monday, November 28, 2011

Misc. stuff

3 old assignments from Character Design class. I wasn't as satisfied with the results of these, but the learning process was very valuable. In all three of these I stepped into areas I was less artistically skilled at. For example, men, men are hard to draw! So I specifically drew two male characters, and like I said before I learned a lot in the process. I had to look up a lot of reference for how other artists draw their men.
These first 2 are a hero/villain combo. One big struggle was trying to incorporate a story and some character history into each design.


This was the result of an assignment where we were specifically suppose to draw something we were bad at. For me that meant evil fantasy character (in armor, I've never drawn a suit of armor in my life!). One big critique was to make everything more sharp and pointy. I tend to draw even evil things very round.

No comments:

Post a Comment